Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

Work

Well I have started to try and remember alot that went on in the 1st degree that night. After visiting several blogs some people said the 1st degree and lectures are out on the internet. I went to a couple and started to memorize most the best that I can and suprisingly I remembered alot. I also remembered enough to know that my obligation and alot of my lecture had some differences from what I was reading.

This brings me to another point it seems like there are differences from state to state. I have one brother from Washington State who moved to South Carolina he was stating some points of his 1st degree that was very different than what I experienced. I also has another guy who saw a square and compass calendar on my desk who was from South Florida who said he ran through all his degrees in a day due to masonry was in trouble in FLA. I am like ??? I dont agree with that form of masonry with the short cuts and cutting corners. I am glad South Carolina is old school. You don't get a book or paper you do need a coach one on one who will help you remember everything. This seems to be the best way. I respect every brother and their rituals and lectures. I guess I am seeing tons of differences in masonry that I guess amazes me.

Well on that note I am hoping to shoot for 2nd degree in January. I feel if I can get a couple of Lectures behind me I will be ready to take it on. I am learning word for word sentence for sentence the meaning of everything I went through that night and trying to get a full grasp and not just memorize it. One good saying I read on a masonicpride forum. "YOU CANNOT GET SQUARE, IF YOU CUT CORNERS". That says it all right there. Let the work begin!

0 comments: