Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

Day 1 Masonic Beginning First Post

Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Transferring to a New Blog
Masonic Blog Day 1
I have started my trek on becoming a Freemason, Thanks to my friendJim from church who helped point me to the right direction and who is author of masonictips.com. I will hopefully get my petition in to be voted on in the November business meeting. I will respectfully be blogging my journey as I go..I've been very intrigued with masonry for awhile but thought you had to be asked to join. I never knew the whole gist of things until one day a member from church was looking for a job and I came across his website and he had a very impressive blog dedicated to his experience and I suddenly started to fire questions to him. Things at that point started to open up for me. I was able to get a petition going very soon after the following Sunday at church. Just like he said in his blog a lot of the well respected men and leaders in our church were masons and it was something that I really wanted to be a part of. A couple of weeks back I was at the Shiners Hospital in Greenville Sc with my 11 week old daughter and at that point It made me want to join immediately. There is a lot of wait in becoming a mason. One thing in this day and time of information overload everyone gets in the I want it now mode and patience is becoming some what extinct. I am learning to become very patient and if I am to become a Freemason I think it will be definitely a journey of self improvement and preservation. One book I highly recommend is Freemasonry for Dummies if anyone is interested in becoming a mason. Hopefully my next blog will tell more of the actual vote and research committee.
posted by binaryburn at 10/24/2007 11:24:00 AM

0 comments: