Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

Raised to 3rd degree

Last Thursday I was raised to the sublime 3rd degree of a Master Mason. It was the most amazing thing ever! There was an officer from the Grand Lodge there as well which made my open lodge examination a little nerve racking on top of our lodge Air condition being stolen the previous week it was crazy hot. The big thing in our area is copper theft so people are stealing anything like air units and cutting the copper out. Needless to say it was very hot after while. The degree work was awesome and alot of brothers turned out to see me be raised. I can now go to regular meetings and where a ring as well as put on car emblems. I can honestly say other than asking the lord to come into my life and my marriage and daughter being borned that the 3rd most important event in my life was being raised as a master mason! Now the question is how to properly wear a masonic ring I have been reading and wearing my compass points outward facing away from me. I see alot of brothers wearing it facing towards their body. Symbolically I think it should be away from the body while the points of the square face towards the body. Feels good to be a Master Mason!

2 comments:

Cardo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cardo said...

This will be a question you will see all over the country.

This is how we wear ours: The points face inward until you become a PM and then outward sharing your knowledge with others.

However, this post shows an even better answer.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-OldrLg42aaMQA5MoAWRbjb5IujNPds8-?cq=1&p=11

How the ring is worn is not nearly as important as what it means to the wearer. A Mason should wear his ring should with pleasure to himself and honor to the fraternity!


Northernmichiganmasons.blogspot.com