Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

3rd Degree

So I received a message from my Coach Jim that I was voted in favor to receive my 3rd degree in a couple of weeks. I am actually looking forward to this. I will be able to wear a ring place decals on my car attend monthly meetings and join appendent bodies. I am signing up for the York Rite with Jim in the fall to go for Knight Templar degree. I want to experience Scottish Rite as well. There are so many opportunites in Masonry and I am looking forward to experiencing new things and meeting new people. To me the York Rite seems mysterious and exciting and has a very interesting appeal to me. Well I am truly ready for my 3rd degree. It seems I have everything lodged in my head. Well I want to keep my blog going as much as possible and bring positive aspects to Masonry. I see so many blogs out there that are suspect or used for negative propaganda. Until next post....

3 comments:

Dale Stubblefield said...

Right on and congratulations. I just received my 1st degree and I'm working on being able to receive my 2nd. It's good to hear about the positive things going on. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Shane, I'm glad to hear about your impending raising. It is a memorable ceremony. Don't lose sight of the lessons it teaches.

I don't understand why you're in such a hurry to join concordant bodies already. I advise our new MMs. to learn a bit about the Craft Lodge ceremonies before plunging in, but it's your decision. I say this as someone who has belonged to more concordant bodies than I could probably name and have a Grand Office in one.

Justa Mason

Shane Hale said...

I actually plan on being a part of a chair once the year ends. Our lodge moves through the chairs quite a bit. So joining York Rite will help further my education as well as having a chair will help enhance my degree work. Also, in SC we have something called proving up where you can go through a examination of your 3rd and get a certification from the Grand Lodge which I will plan on doing as well. I have enjoyed my journey in Masonry and will not lose my bearing. I appreciate your comment and participation in my blog.