Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

Future of Masonry on the Decline?

I am meeting more and more masons from around the world and the United States. Recently, I read a article in the Knight Templar about the decline of masonry and how many lodges are closing. It seems that the lack of focus on work and other equations were mention. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it is more than just numbers. Is there something missing?

In York Rite, I have heard a lot of the degree work used to be memorized instead of read out loud. It seems that maybe work is deteriorated along the years. The importance of learning not only the blue lodge work but other work seems to be lack of.

This has really gotten me to the point of wanting to learn everything in the blue lodge and extend that to my York Rite as well. I don't want to be a "card carrying mason" I am proud to say I am a Freemason even wear my ring and put the decal on my card. I have noticed that since I have become a mason that there are some people at work including my manager use me at the butt of their jokes.

Why is there so much animosity towards Freemasons? I really don't get it these days. I hope that Freemasonry will not decline and that the article if way dead off in the Knights Templar magazine. I will govern myself accordingly and keep on keeping on for the search for more light. I hope you all will do the same.

2 comments:

Buffalo Bill said...

I would suggest a nicely written article in the Journal of The Masonic Society, Autumn 2008, entitled "There's a hole in our bucket, Dear Hiram, Dear Hiram" by Stephen Dafoe. The article is very informative and should clear up any questions you may have about 'declining' numbers in Freemasonry. If you have not been to their site, you can go to http://www.themasonicsociety.com and subscribe to the journal and join this group of scholarly Freemasons in discussions. Again just a suggestion..

Shane Hale said...

Thanks Bill!