Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

I Apologize for this

I just got home from the monthly lodge meeting and a brother approached me about my blog saying it was a good read but he was concerned. He stated "Why do you have a link to Masonic Secrets Revealed?" I was numb to the fact knowing that my site did not have such a link.
Then it dawned on me!! I used a Google Adsense Widget that was a part of my Google Blogger account. Wanting to monetize a little and make a few pennies on pay per click advertising. I remembered Google uses adsense to target content and keywords.

For example: If your site was about apples and you had a bunch of stuff about apples and you used adsense it would display content oriented stuff like apple pie or secrets to growing apples placement advertising. So if some knuckle head was selling a book revealing masonic secrets then it would display on a Masonic oriented site.

I have removed my adsense widget and want to apologize to every brother. Sometimes you can become numb to advertisements to not really pay attention to what they actually are saying. To all the readers I am sorry.

Thanks to the brother who made me aware of it!!

2 comments:

The Palmetto Mason said...

I removed AdSense from my blog for similar reasons.

Millennial Freemason said...

I can understand where you are coming from. Before I put together my blog, I was going to put on Adsense. At the same time, the brother in charge of putting the Lodge website together and I were looking through the GL Internet policy and I luckily found out about the policy against ads on the site. But for lucky happenstance, I could have been suspended or expelled. Thank goodness that you caught it in time. Your content is incredibly thought provoking and I enjoy what you write. Keep up the good work.

Nick