Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

Masonic Linkedin Plug yourself




Remember when the old days when a handshake would seal the deal?

Well now days it is hard to know whether or not someone is square and on the level or not. I have met so many Freemasons through a site called Linkedin to the point that I have put it on my website and decided that anyone in business should try it out.
It is free and you can join a ton of masonic groups and meet brothers from all over the world. I think now days people need security and trust and network in the business world during uncertain times in the economy.

I know some masons who don't really like to mix business with Masonry but to me if I see a mason or it listed on a resume I know he at least represents hardwork and dedication. Do you like to display your square and compass at work or do you like to be a little more secretive about it. I guess this goes back to my previous blog post about wearing the ring. What are your true thoughts on Masonry and business ediquette?

5 comments:

Traveling Man said...

No man should join the Craft with a mercenary motive.

I'm uncertain if one should put anything regarding their Masonic affiliation on their resume. To me it smacks of "padding".

The exception to this would be any sort of leadership training such as the Philalethes society, or my own Grand Jurisdiction offers.

In CT it is forbidden to use the S&C or any other Masonic emblem as part of a marketing campaign.

The other idea to consider is there may be those in a position to make hiring decisions who, shall we say, don't have a high opinion of the Craft.

Wearing a ring - OK, seeking monetary gain, not so OK

Just my $0.02

Be Well

Traveling Man

Shane Hale said...

That is why I am asking I have heard many mixed things about this topic and was just curious on everyone's take on it.

Shane Hale said...

And with sites like linkedin and other professional networks they have an option called groups and there are ton of freemason groups on there.

Traveling Man said...

I don't have a problem with sites like Linkedin. In fact, there are "affiliation" Lodges in England that are all railroad workers, or fly fishermen, or what have you.

For me, the resume listing smacks of looking for favoritism. That would be a HUGE turn off if I were hiring.

Seeing the S&C on a ring in an interview would be a different matter. I'd already know something about the man. It wouldn't garauntee him a job, but I'd be more inclined to give him a closer look.

I prefer to do business with Masons whenever possible. When I do, I never ask for a discount - that isn't the reason. I've just found that I can trust a Mason not to rip me off.

Be Well,

Traveling Man

Kennedy said...

Nice article, I added you on twitter