Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

Visting Lodges outsite your area

I would have to say, I went to a Lodge in Georgia and saw the actual 1st degree work and a normal business meeting and I was very impressed with some of the differences between the state of South Carolina and the State of Georgia.

It left me to wonder if differences in work and rituals from state to state and country to country. What is the true integrity of the work. Who decides to make changes in the work overtime and why?

To answer my question I just looked at the different denominations in religion and the interpretations of the Holy Bible. Different denominations but same religion. Let's say I enjoyed one state's interpretation better than another. What can I do to bring change to my state?

These are just thoughts, When you see things that look to be better in interpretation and help benefit the craft as a whole, how would you go about making change? The answer would be the Grand Lodge but how?

Thought I would write this brainstorming question on how the craft can open up and make improvements over time. Changes from fund raising to ritual work ect ect.

2 comments:

The Palmetto Mason said...

I would be interested in learning what differences specifically impressed you.

Shane Hale said...

Head to a Georgia lodge =) or Come to http://www.divver.org we can talk about it =)