Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

Officer Installation

Well I am finally a officer and look forward to making my rounds around the chairs. Sorry haven't posted a lot lately it has been so hectic around the holidays. The lodge has elected me to position of a steward a very observant role and I can't wait to start being more active in the blue lodge. I also was elected in the York Rite but being so new

I think I am a steward or some type of officer. I am still getting used to the commandry ways. I am now trying to figure out what lecture to learn first I really want to learn the 2nd degree lecture due to the complexity and beauty of the lecture as well as not many people know it and it would help out the few that do in our district and help them take a break.

I have to say I am proud to be a mason and love being a part of this magnificent fraternity and brotherhood!!

4 comments:

Still Justa Mason said...

Watch and learn what's going on, Shane. That's the best way to prepare. Observe the mistakes people make and remind yourself not to do them.

If there's a particular portion of the ritual you want to learn, go to your WM and ask him if you can learn it. That's what I did. I was new and wanted to make sure I didn't want on step people who liked giving it.

Justa

Jim said...

(FYI, Shane and I are in the same lodge, so I know exactly what he's observing....)

Shane, I agree with Justa. Just observe as much as you can, and work on improving things.

I feel so grateful that we have the number of younger guys in the lodge that we do, and I think we have a great opportunity to make some improvements. Of course, it will take time, but I hope we can make some improvements for the better.

No, I'm not suggesting a coup, just working to make the meetings, the work, and everything that makes up Freemasonry more interesting. Admittedly, it's kinda discouraging when business meetings turn into nothing more than reading minutes and voting on a few issues. I'd love to see some lectures or talks on the local and general Masonic history, and what-not.

Anyway, congrats, and I look forward to a great 2009!

The Palmetto Mason said...

Congratulations, Shane.

My Lodge held its elections and installations last night. I was honored to have been selected as the presiding officer by the WM-elect and I installed all officers except myself - of course. This was the first time I had done this and I was certainly more nervous than the WM-elect or the other officers.

Cardo said...

Lots of practice as your learning whats going on. My wife thinks I am having a mental breakdown from hearing me talking to myself and K.S. as I'm shaving or working the barn.