Freemason Store

FreeMasonStore

York Rite Degree Preparation




Well, I am getting ready for the first part of my York Rite Journey and trying to mentally prepare myself going through. Which this Saturday it will start at 8:00 AM til who knows. I do know the other Saturday will be the Commandary part.


I am getting pretty exciting about it is like reading another half of really good story only to find out To be continued... Right when the story starts to get good. I have been researching Templar history which has been very interesting and learning more about the York Rite. The Scottish Rite was another choice for me with another interesting saga to the 32 degree. I chose York Rite it seemed to be the somewhat more mysterious degrees than any other.
Another interesting thing, I found out was that this is sometimes called the American Rite or American degree I read this a couple of times online so that is interesting in why it is called that. I have been reading on Roslyns Chapel and DeMolay really cool Templar related stuff. On one of the commandry sites I even read that at one point masons were not allowed to be a part of the Templars for some odd reason therefore debunking the theory that Masons were a part of the Templars myth. I look forward to this journey and I hope I enjoy the degree work.

4 comments:

Widow's Son said...

I wish you well in your progress through the York Rite rituals.

As you experience them, keep one thing foremost in your mind: The rituals are SYMBOLIC of something MUCH greater than whatever you literally see. MUCH greater. Do not for a moment think that any of it is about King Solomon's historical temple nor about anything remotely approaching "religion." To do so would be to totally miss the Truths embedded there.

Widow's Son
BurningTaper.com

Shane Hale said...

wow I am really intrigued now

Anonymous said...

Shane wrote:
I found out was that this is sometimes called the American Rite or American degree I read this a couple of times online so that is interesting in why it is called that,

It's very simple. An American (Thomas Webb) was the one who set up the structure that a certain four degrees are conferred by a Chapter, three others are conferred by a Council and three others are conferred by a Commandery.

Locally, it takes a couple of years to go through them all.

Justa Mason

Jim said...

@Shane:
It was a pleasure going through the first six degrees of the York Rite with you! There was a LOT to take in in such a short time, but it was very, VERY interesting and worth every minute of the experience. I look forward to completing the last three!!

@widow's son:
Excellent advice! I simply had no idea what to expect, and your suggestions were very helpful.